アグネスタキオン アグネスタキオン(ウマ娘) 爱丽速子 愛麗速子 아그네스타키온 아그네스_타키온
Umamusume character. Resident mad chemist of the series.
Horse girl. Has short, messy brown hair with a prominent ahoge bent backwards at an odd angle. Also has red eyes with conspicuously missing "eyeshine" that are 'marked' with strange horizontal grid-like patterns. Tachyon also wears a single earring on her right ear in the shape of the chemical structure of indane*. (*Hexagon fused with a pentagon with lines running inside the hexagon. This is often mistakenly drawn as two fused pentagons.)
Tachyon most salient trait is her long lab coat, worn as part of her racing outfit. This labcoat has so-called "moe sleeves" running past her fingers, as well as striped patches on the upper sleeves. The hip section of the coat is festooned with two pairs of 'throwing bandoliers' filled with corked test tubes containing a mysterious glowing blue liquid. Unlike most other Umamusume characters, Tachyon also tends to wear this labcoat together with her school uniform.
Tachyon's full racing outfit also features a yellow sweater vest worn over a black collared shirt with a black necktie, in a style similar to that favored by some real-life scientists. This outfit also has black pantyhose and white 'high heels', with no visible pants or skirt.
Character-wise, Tachyon is usually portrayed as an unethical mad scientist with a penchant for developing shady drugs, then testing them on The Trainer or the other uma-girls, the typical result being them turning into human/equine glowsticks. In true (Japanese) mad scientist fashion, she refers to others using either -kun or kimi. She also calls The Trainer "guinea pig". Her mad scientist trait is actually motivated by finding a cure to her fragile legs before she is crippled for good. This is based on the fact that the original horse had his very successful career cut very short by leg injuries.
Voiced by Sumipe.
- Her real-life counterpart is named after the tachyon, a hypothetical faster-than-light particle.
- -kun and kimi as used by the "mad scientist" archetype usually comes across as being somewhat overly familiar and uncomfortably 'endearing' (i.e. the mad scientist tries to act friendly, but their body language and actions are anything but). Often this also has a slight touch of (unintentional) condescension. The English equivalent would be using "my friend" or "my dear [INSERT NAME]", said by somebody who obviously doesn't have your best interests in mind.
- She makes more Kamen Rider references than other uma-girls.
- Many times, she performs the Kamen Rider Double's signature finger-point and says now count up your sins
- The "guinea pig" pet name reference the line 君は最高のモルモットだァ！ (lit. You are the best guinea pig!), a quote by Dan Kuroto
- Manhattan Cafe
- Rival and Friend? (Although not a major rival in Tachyon's career, they actually raced once against each other.)
- Tachyon is a tea drinker who dislikes coffee. Thus, their choice of favorite drinks clash.
- Jungle Pocket
- Agnes Digital
- Roommate. Also has a similar name.
- Daiwa Scarlet
- Junior. Scarlet also looks up to Tachyon.
- The real-life Daiwa Scarlet is the daughter of Agnes Tachyon.
- Tanino Gimlet
- The RL sire of the aformentioned Daiwa Scarlet's rival, Vodka. Concequently, fan arts tend to depict them as being doting parents.
- Mejiro Dober
- RL mate. Coincidentally, both Manhattan and Tachyon shared her as their mate.
- Nishino Flower, and Sweep Tosho
- RL mates. Both were often involved in a netorare situation with Tachyon in fan works. Primarily due to their other mates, Seiun Sky and Kitasan Black, were unpopular studs compared to Tachyon.
- Umamusume JP Official Character Bio: Agnes Tachyon
- Horse JP Keiba: Agnes Tachyon the racehorse
- Wikipedia: Agnes Tachyon as above
- Wikipedia: Tachyon hypothetical FTL particle and namesake of the real-life horse
- Wikipedia: Double-slit experiment likely inspiration for the gridlike markings on Uma!Tachyon's eyes.
- Wikipedia: Indene