A hairstyle where the bangs are cut in a sharp, straight line across the forehead.
Known in Japan as パッツン (pattsun).
When combined with long hair and blunt sidelocks, it becomes a type of hime cut. If the bangs are shaved or combed back at the temples, with the rest hanging loose at the forehead it may result in center-flap bangs.
- blunt ends
- swept bangs - For bangs loosely combed to one side
- parted bangs - For distinctly parted bangs
- asymmetrical bangs - For bangs worn half combed back, half loose
- crossed bangs - For bangs that criss-cross each other on the forehead
- hair over eyes - For long bangs that cover the eyes
- hair over one eye - The same as the above, but asymmetric