Any non-English text (usually Japanese, Chinese, or Korean) within an image that needs a translation into English. Audible speech that is not in English and does not have hardcoded English subtitles in the video may use this tag. Do not use this tag for untranslated artist commentaries, see commentary request instead.
Please read howto:translate for guidelines on translation. When the post is fully translated, remove the translation request tag and add translated. If the translation is incomplete or needs review, leave the translation request tag and add the partially translated or check translation tags.
For text that is very difficult to translate due to visual or language difficulties, consider also adding it to pool #11363: Translation Request - LUNATIC Mode.
When the untranslated text is not Japanese, additionally tag it with the appropriate language.
Languages (tag group:text)
- Chinese text — chinese_text translation_request
- Korean text — korean_text translation_request
- Finnish text — finnish_text translation_request
- French text — french_text translation_request
- German text — german_text translation_request
- Greek text — greek_text translation_request
- Italian text — italian_text translation_request
- Latin text — latin_text translation_request
- Portuguese text — portuguese_text translation_request
- Russian text — russian_text translation_request
- Spanish text — spanish_text translation_request
- Vietnamese text — vietnamese_text translation_request
The following tags implicate this tag: check_translation and partially_translated (learn more).