A completely colorless, black-and-white image. The image is composed exclusively of shades of black, white, and grey.
It is very common for comics and doujinshi to be in greyscale.
Using color tags like black eyes or black hair is discouraged (see forum #138216 and forum #164207) when tagging greyscale images.
- For completely colorless art, use greyscale (post #5785450).
- For a post using a single color that isn't grey, use monochrome instead of greyscale (post #5101720, post #5653986)
- For a mostly greyscale post with just a little color as a highlight, use greyscale and spot color (post #5907966, post #5747615).
- For a post using a mix of color and greyscale, use partially colored and do not use greyscale (post #5782023).
- For a colorless foreground and colorful background, use greyscale with colored background and do not use greyscale or partially colored (post #5782342, post #5753193).
- For a post that is solid black and white with few shades of grey, use high contrast and greyscale (post #3534611, post #5918308).
- For posts with a small variety of colors but more than two actual colors, use limited palette (post #5381220, post #5753576).
The following tags are aliased to this tag: black_and_white and grayscale (learn more).
This tag implicates monochrome (learn more).