These tags are automatically added by the site. Most of these tags cannot be manually added or removed.
- lowres: Both width and height are <= 500.
- highres: Either width is >= 1600 or height is >= 1200.
- absurdres: Either width is >= 3200 or height is >= 2400.
- incredibly absurdres: Either dimension is >= 10000.
- wide image: Image is at least 4x wider than it is tall, and the width is >= 1024.
- tall image: Image is at least 4x taller than it is wide, and the height is >= 1024.
- animated gif: A GIF that has 2 or more frames.
- animated png: A valid APNG file.
- flash: A Flash animation or game.
- video: A video in WebM or MP4 format.
- ugoira: An animation in the ugoira format used by Pixiv.
- exif rotation: An image with an EXIF flag set to rotate it.
- non-repeating animation: An animated image that loops under 10 times.
- greyscale: An image saved in the greyscale color space. Unreliable due to artists saving greyscale images in others color spaces.
- non-web source: If the post contains a source that is not an http(s) link.
- bad link: If the post's source is recognized by Danbooru as a direct image URL rather than a link to a post.
- bad source: If the post's source is recognized by Danbooru but does not come from an image or post URL.
- cosplay: If the post is tagged with a *_(cosplay) tag, the character and cosplay tags are added as well. For example, tagging hatsune miku (cosplay) automatically tags hatsune miku and cosplay.
- school uniform: If the post is tagged with a *_school_uniform tag, the school uniform tag is added as well.
- meme: If the post is tagged with a *_(meme) tag, the meme tag is added as well.
- Wide image and tall image can be added and removed from posts that don't meet the criteria listed above, but they cannot be removed from posts that do.
- Animated and sound can only be added manually to Flash posts.
- Bad link and bad source are only automatically managed on sites that Danbooru supports. For other sites, they can be added or removed at will.
- Tagme is automatically added to posts with no non-auto tags, and automatically removed when a post has 30 tags. It can be added or removed at will otherwise.