AI AI生成 AIArt AIArtwork AIイラスト StableDiffusion Stable_Diffusion WaifuDiffusion TrinArt NovelAI NovelAIDiffusion MidJourney DALLE DALLE2 DiscoDiffusion Craiyon Artbreeder WaifuLabs anything_v3 AnythingV3 にじジャーニー nijijourney nijijourneyv5 aiart ai_generated ai_generated_art ai_artwork nai3 aigenerated ai-generated
Uploading fully AI-generated art to Danbooru is against the upload rules; see forum #223144.
An image that, rather than being drawn by a human artist, was generated by an artificial intelligence program.
This tag applies to fully AI-generated images, that is, images that underwent no edits or extremely minor retouchings. For edited images, see AI-assisted.
Note that AI-assisted posts that are up to Danbooru's standards are exempt from the ban on AI-generated art.
Signs that something may be AI-generated:
- Anything in 512×768 resolution. This is the default resolution for NovelAI, and it is rarely used by humans.
- High quality art in low resolution, less than 1000×1000. Most AI generators are restricted to low resolutions, while skilled artists normally use higher resolutions. Note that AI art may be upscaled to higher resolution, but this can produce other artifacts.
- EXIF metadata in the file indicating it is AI-generated. For example, AI prompts or model names. On the upload page, you can click the filesize beneath the image to see the EXIF metadata. Danbooru will automatically tag AI-generated after upload if the metadata indicates it is AI-generated.
- A certain generic-looking art style with a generic background. This is typical of anime-styled images generated by NovelAI and Stable Diffusion. Browse AI-generated status:deleted to get a feel for this. Not all generic-looking art is AI-generated, however.
- Abnormal/unusual mistakes within the artwork, such as:
- Anatomical nonsense, such as extra legs (post #5732513), fused fingers (post #5742855), fused legs (post #5735212), etc.
- Strangely drawn objects/environments such as a book with it's cover as another layer of pages (post #5738243), wooden floor conforming with the shape of a character's hair (post #5850417), poor line continuity/object permanence when an object is hidden or goes behind other objects (post #5779922), etc.
- Note that bad hands or other mistakes are not in themselves signs of AI-generation, as humans can make mistakes too. The errors made by AI tend to be completely illogical or physically impossible things that no human would draw.
- A brand new artist pumping out improbably large volumes of high quality-looking art in a short period of time. This isn't automatically a sign of AI-generation, as sometimes new artists may release a pre-prepared portfolio of artwork to establish their presence.
- An artist with an illogically drastic change in art style after early-October 2022 (around the time NovelAI became popular). This can easily be seen with artists with a low quality art style suddenly shifting into the generic-looking artstyle typical of NovelAI. Bear in mind that artstyles of skilled artists can evolve and improve over time.
- No signature, watermark, or web address. Human artists often (but not always) sign their work, while AI works are often unsigned, as the AI can't produce realistic signatures or written text. Do note however, that some AI artists may add a signature or watermark after the image is generated.
- Any mention of "AI", "NovelAI", or "Stable Diffusion" in the commentary, tags, or artist bio.
If you're unsure whether a post is AI-generated or not, ask in topic #22285.
Known AI models
- AI-Generated art (topic)
- AI Drawing Anime Characters Eating Ramen (Meme)
- AI Drawing Person in Cake (Meme)
- Gaming Penis Ikebana (Meme)